Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Prep Work

It has been a stressful week trying to get all of the last minute arrangements taken care of before I set off.  But, I have a day and a half left before I leave and I think that I have everything squared away.  I began pulling my gear together to pack this past weekend....and realized that I needed to buy quite a bit more than I had expected so frantically have been running around town trying to find what I need.  It is always tough trying to balance out what I think I will need without overpacking.  I've managed to fit everything into one huge duffle bag and my daypack....just barely....and that includes not only my climbing and hiking gear, etc. but cold weather clothes, lots of medicines/handsanitizer, some food, and the library of books that I plan on reading.  Hopefully all of my stuff will make it to Nepal with me too!

Erin is flying out of Denver tomorrow night and I will be meeting her in Kathmandu at our hotel.  It is nice to know that I'm not the only one that was stressing out with the packing;)

Jay and his friend Paul have been trekking for 8 days in the rain since the beginning of October.  I heard from Jay the end of last week and they were getting ready to leave for their Mera Peak climb...I hope the weather improved for them but I probably won't know until we meet up with them in Namche.

It is beginning to feel "real" now...I can't wait to leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment